Tauchers Platform

Former Great North of Scotland Railway / LNER Class D40 4-4-0 No 62264 shunts the siding at Glentauchers Distillery which is located approximately 4 miles west of Keith on the Aberdeen to Inverness mainline. During the mid 1950s the working timetable provided for a trip working between Keith and Mulben scheduled to leave the former station at 2.20pm and shunt the distillery siding until 2.50pm before proceeding to Mulben where it arrived at 2.55pm. Here the locomotive ran around the train and then returned to Keith at 3.25pm. Tauchers Platform was built in 1922, just before the Highland Railway was absorbed into London Midland Scottish Railway. It served the distillery and the local community until 7th December 1964.
Site reference 0014/2